Students at Hansberry College Prep will participate in advisory for the entire four years of enrollment. Students remain in their advisory, with the same advisor, until graduation (unless retained).
Advisors are responsible for:
- College planning
- Regular communication with parents
- Parent-teacher conferences
- Academic planning and monitoring
- Career exploration and planning
- Develop the social/emotional well-being of students
- Records and daily attendance
- Monitor readiness for school by checking for uniforms, agenda book, homework, and supplies
Textbook: The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens, supplemental-reading materials will also be selected.
Each teacher offers after school office hours at least one day per week and students can attend to receive additional instruction or help on specific assignments.
LaSalle is a program designed to assist our students with homework completion. If a student does not complete their assigned homework and turn it in the day it is due, the student will receive LaSalle from their teacher and be required to stay after school that same day from 4:10-5:30 p.m. LaSalle was created and implemented to reinforce that the student’s day is not over until everything due has been completed and if students have problems or questions on an assignment, they have the means to receive help.
- Job Opportunities